Want to see wireless security information for your Brother printer connected to Macintosh? Well, the process explained in this blog will help you in locating the wireless security settings if Mac with the help of wireless connected is link to network. If you have connected your device to the network with Ethernet cable or if you cannot access the Keychain Access application then it is advised to contact with your router manufacturer or the connection admin for understanding the wireless network’s security settings.
There are two ways for finding the Wireless Security Information:
a. Recovering the Wireless Password by using ‘Keychain Access’
Due to operating system, the screen might differ.
- Tap on Go button> Utilities> click twice on Keychain Access.
- Within Keychains section, perform one of the following suitable method-
a. Mac OS X v10.5.x users- Look for the Network from the list after clicking All Items. If you are unable to find your connection within All Items then click on Passwords and search for it.
b. Mac OS X v10.6.x or greater users- Look for the Network from your list once you have clicked on Login. If the connection is not listed within Login then tap on System and look for the one in the list.
- Under Name section, double click on the Network Name (SSID).
- Go to Attributes tab and mark the check box available next to Show Password option.
- Enter your Mac admin password or Keychain password in the required field and then tap on Allow or OK button.
- The password you have listed in the Show Password field, make a note of it while connecting to the Wireless connection.
b. By using Network Utility Recover the Wireless Authentication
- Click on either Wi-Fi or Airport icon available within the Menu bar.
- Then click on the Open Network Preferences option.
- From the list of connections click on Wi-Fi or Airport.
- Ensure that displayed Network Name is correct. Then select the Advanced option.
- In the list if Preferred Network, within Wi-Fi or Airport just note down the Network Name or Security type.
Call Brother Support (0800-046-5262) Team if you have any Issue in any of the Above Steps by Dialing
If you facing any trouble in any of the above step then you can consult our team for the technical assistance. You just need to dial Brother Printer Customer Support Number 0800-046-5262 and our team will help you through the process. You can also contact us via live chat or email support.